High Tech Greenhouse
Greenhouse with fan and pad cooling system – best suited for hot dry climatic conditions such as Northern plains where temperature goes above 30 oC,. The system is working on the principle that when water evaporates and heat is absorbed from surroundings. This is possible by drawing cool air into greenhouse through wet pad located at one end of the wall, where hot air is replaced by co-axial fans mounted on the opposite end of wall. The excessive temperature causes various damages to the morphology and physiological processes of plants such as flower shedding, leaf scorch, poor fruit quality, excessive transpiration, shortened life span of the plants and low net photosynthesis due to excessive respiration etc. Hence, it is important to maintain air temperature inside the greenhouse ranging between 20 oC to 28 oC for better crop growth.
Operation of Fan & Pad cooling system
Fan and pad system is controlled by a thermostat. Thermostatically controlled fans let the outside air into the greenhouse and remove inside air out of it. The capacity of fan should be 1m3 for each m3 of greenhouse volume per minute so as to ensure a complete renewal (or at least three quarters of it) or (50 to 60 renewals per hour) under tropical conditions.
Orientation criteria for mounting fan & pad
The orientation of the multi span greenhouse with fan & pad cooling system should be made in such a way to take advantages of prevailing wind direction. Wet pad should be mounted on the wall of greenhouse facing winds and fan on the leeward side. The temperature gradients inside the greenhouse decide the need for Fan & Pad system. The root vents should be on the leeward side to prevent structural damage to the greenhouse.
Features and Specifications:
- Designed to withstand wind speed of 140 Kmph
- Galvanized Pipe Construction.
- Special Aluminium locking profile to fix covering materials with structure
- Bears, hanging load 15- 25 Kg per Sq. Mt.
- UV stabilized covering materials of Polyethylene film.
- UV Stabilized Sheet 1400 micron for Drainage Sheet.
- Air circulation fans.
- Air Ventilation Fans.
- Cooling Pads.Heating system in cold climate.
- Shading Net.
- Prefabricated structure which makes easy to assemble & dissemble.
- Complete structure is assembled with Galvanized Nut-bolts.
- No welding is required.
- Starting and closing of Micro Irrigation System.
- Yield increases by 5-7 times or even more.
- Uniform and better quality
- Reduction in labour cost
- Less fertilizer requirement, thus reduction in fertilizer cost.
- Low water requirement thus saving in water.
- Less chances of disease attack, thus reduction in disease control cost.
- Higher Efficiency of Water & Fertilizer Use.
- Cultivation in problematic topography.
- Cultivation in problematic soil conditions.
- Cultivation in problematic climate conditions.
- Requires less area to get maximum yield and benefits other Nutrients to the plant.
- Operation of Foggers/ Sprinkler/ Drip System as required.
- Operation of air circulation fan
- Operation of heating system.
Production of vegetable crops.
- Production of flowers.
- Secondary hardening nursery of Tissue cultured plant.
- Growth / Production of rare plants.