Mulching is covering the soil around the plant with plastics film, straw, grass, hay, dry leaves, stones etc which prevents the loss of moisture and acts as a barrier between the soil and atmosphere. It helps in moderating the soil temperature & micro-climate in the plant root zone, which helps to increase yield and early maturity of crops.
There are coloured plastics mulch films, which determine its energy radiating behaviour and also influences the micro climate around the plant.
Mulch Films Benefits:
- Early and better harvest
- Enhances crop quality
- Cleaner vegetables, maintains quality & beauty of fruits
- Root pruning is eliminated
- Minimizes evaporation
- Conservation of soil moisture
- Reduces drowning of crops
- Saving of energy
- Optimum use of water & fertilizers
- Thickness: 5 micron to 100 micron
- Width: 2ft to 8 ft/0.6 mtrs to 2.4 mtrs
- Length: 400 mtrs to 1000 mtrs
- Film Appearance: Transparent, Black, Silver-black, Black-white
- Available with Ready Holes (Perforation) for drainage. Custom sizes are also available on request.